Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Posterior cervical fusion

susabellssusabell Posts: 238
edited 11/21/2013 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all it just wanted to let everyone know that I went for my 3 month follow up and I am completely fused! Only issues I have is that I'm very petite and my C7 bone is protruding thru my skin. If it happens to break thru the skin I have to go to nearest ER and they have to call my Surgeon. Also I am beginning to start the process of weaning off my meds, this was Very Good News yesterday. It does take time and patience and above all listening to your Surgeon.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey susabell,
    Three months and you are fused, that is awesome. It says a lot for you, your health, and your surgeon.
    Congratulations to you and still be safe in your environment.
    Have a great Thanksgiving too!
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    But it is my rod that is ready to come thru the skin of the back of my neck. Freaks everyone out. You can even tell the color of the rod by looking at it
  • Great news Susan my 360 was lat Monday 11/11 and I feel great! No pain meds since Saturday I get my 30 plus staples out Monday 11/25 so ready !
    Cervical 360 ACDF C6/7-C7T1 Posterior fusion with hardware C3-T1 11/11/13

• That is such good news! :-)

You give hope to those whose first surgery didn't achieve a fusion.
    I hope that you won't need more treatment for this C7 bone and that you will slowly be able to get off your meds and then be able to get on and enjoy your life.

• susabellssusabell Posts: 238
    edited 11/22/2013 - 7:15 PM
    rpay10 I am soooo Happy for you!!! Wow that is a very Fast Recovery as a 360 is huge!!! three bears needs to read this as she is having a 360 in February!!! Susan how odd is it that we were on same meds and your rod is showing thru skin and my C7 is showing Lol it's always something for some of us. Ranger thank you I hope this Spring your Surgery is un-eventful as your attitude taught me how to deal with all this stress. Jellyhall you took the time to send me many PM's to help me when I was terrified of the Posterior Surgery and I thank you for the prayers!!!

I still have some achey times, but am so much better!!! I am not locked to my bed and it feels so Awesome to smile and laugh again. I love to laugh it feels so good, I can finally watch a movie and actually stay awake!!!

Again Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!!!

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 11/24/2013 - 11:17 AM
    Great to hear that you are laughing again :-)

I'm so glad that the prayers were answered *hearts*

• I'm just going through posts and came across this. I can't believe you're fused after 3 months! That's awesome! I'm going in for a 360 January 21st and am a little nervous even though this is my fifth back/neck surgery. Not looking forward to the recovery as I've heard it's rough but I need this desperately. Susabell, I hope you continue to do well. Please keep me in your prayers!