Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

intrathecial pain pump-ptm device/XLIF

Hi everyone its been awhile since I posted, well a few years ago I had a scs (spinal cord stimulator) for those of you who may not know the abbr. I tell ya when I have surgerys or forget to charge I miss it and cant wait for it to get back on. I had a pain pump put in and getting the meds right to the spot helped but it ...(now that its out seemed to aggrivate the area so now I have slightly less pain without it. It had to be removed so I could have the new XLIF... Dec.2 I cant wait just 1 more week, my NS enrolled me in a group for xlif patiants and ambassadores to speak too and ask questions. well the next week, I got a call and they had an ambassidor call me, turns out we both have the same NS she had it done in may and you could just see the GLOW and vibrance in her, we met at our local restraunt and both of our hubbies came too. turns out shes 10 miles from me, you would never know she had ruptured L4/5 and had XLIF, after a few months, they went on a cruise went bowling did things she'd not done for years . Anyway now that my pain pump is out does anyone need the PTM...the device to give bolusis, I remember one person needed one and the Dr. was looking for one for them. I dont have a need for mine so, If anyone is interested PM me and Ill get back to you when I get back on here. Hope every has a happy thanksgiving. Rose

• Shari514SShari514 Posts: 121
    edited 11/25/2013 - 10:11 AM
    I don't know anything about the SCS, but I had an XLIF 7 months ago and I feel great! I struggled for the first five weeks, I just didn't feel well (duh) and thought I would never get better. At the six week point I began resuming my regular activities and was traveling and getting back to normal. At this point I no longer think about my back every day; it's not consuming my thoughts and I can plan activities without worrying how I'll feel. Although, I'm hosting 20 people for Thanksgiving and anticipate some discomfort, but I'll be able to get through it. I hope your surgery will be as successful as mine has been!
    Lumbar laminectomy L-4/L-5, 2006
    XLIF with posterior pedicle screws L-4/L-5, 4-23-2013
  • backpainzzbbackpainzz Posts: 116
    edited 11/25/2013 - 9:40 PM
    Thankyou Shari,
    for letting me know you had wonderful resuls too!!!Im excited and my surgery date is Dec 2 next mon. I hope I have as good as luck as everyone else I've spoken with. thankyou for the good wishes, and good luck on TG day it probably will be happy, but after everyone has eaten or rather stuffed them selves,lol maybe you can sneak in a shoort snoozz and instead of using good china, I went to all styrofoam plates heavy duty dinnerware plastic cups, everything I cooked was put in the disposable foil turkey pans and square pans, no mess no fuss, and I forgot the most important a disposable very festive tablecloth, everyone done eating, removed all leftovers fput them in the fridge ad just took the whole tablecloth plates ,cups dinnerware and any leftover aluminum pans right in the trashbag and huby took it out to trash...wala!!! very few dishes, and plenty of time to set and visit. HOpe you have a great thanksgiving and your back not give you any discomfort. as far as the pain pump it was medtronic and I have the hand held remote to use for bolises, and I dont need it anymore without the pump in. Rose