Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this typical of cervical arthritis?

bluejay49bbluejay49 Posts: 11
edited 11/26/2013 - 3:08 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi people

I have cervical arthritis with a bone spur at C-4/C-5. When I turn my head at various times it pops, crack, crunches and hurts like heck. There are days when I have flare-ups and other days when it seems to go into remission and I feel just fine. I use Ben-Gay and some kind of spray (don't remember the name) for the pain. Sometimes I just live with it.

I have noticed when I do have a flare-up that I have neck pain and a feeling of pressure and fullness in my head (as if my brain was too big for my head). Sometimes it can be pretty uncomfortable and even kind of scary. I have often wondered if this feeling could be caused by a pinched nerve or vein in my neck. I also get these head-ache-like things where there is not really any pain but more of mild migraine-type feeling where my whole head just feels "colicky".

About a week ago I started having pain in my right shoulder (almost like bursitis) and it was painfull for me to move my arm. The little finger on my left hand would also shake and spasm. Then, at some point I moved my head and felt a "c-r-a-c-k". I got this dazed (almost like vertigo but without the dizzyness), zombie-ish, feeling with a fullness and pressure feeling in my head and really felt out of it (pretty miserable actually).

Does any of this sound like typical for cervical arthritis. Again the headache part of this is mild (almost like a mild tension headache but you definately know it's there).

Thanks for any feedback/input as it is really appreciated!.

• Zombie-ish... relief???
    I've been looking for a resolution to what I call "woo woo spells" where I suddenly feel like "woooooooo... what's happening!?!?!". Doctors just look perplexed. Usually just want me to take NSAIDS but they are causing stomach & esophagus problems....