Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SSI and SSDI advocate

So today I started the long process of applying for SSI and SSDI and I got an advocate to help me since it seems if you start with one your more likely to get approved. So I am really hoping that I can get approved and not have to fight for years like some. Just needed to vent and share. So if you used an advocate from the start what were your outcomes and how long did it take? I know it is different for everyone but its nice to see some positive stories.
Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13

• about the application process for SSDI is to make sure that you have all of your records complete and the reports are all together. The paperwork must state that you are unable to work at any occupation, not just the one that you held prior to your injury.
    There are certain conditions that will be approved almost automatically, if those are your diagnosed condition. Those usually wind up being approved within 6 months after application , provided that you have all of your records together.
    I never had to use an advocate, mine was approved right away, and I made sure to have the contact information , reports, and information gathered before I started the process.
  • Thanks Sandi. I am working on getting all the info together to submit. I am horrible at organizing and keeping stuff together that I need. I am now learning how important it is.

Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • Medical records, medical records, medical records. I cannot stress that enough. I had so many records that I didn't have to go see a social security doctor. I was approved within six months of applying. I wish you luck.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.