Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mri results

My mri results. No significant spinal canal narrowing except for c5-6 mild central spinal narrowing without cord impingement
C 2-3 mild bilateral uncovertebal joint arthopathy. Mild right moderate left hypertrophic facet arthopathy. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing
C3-4 small posterior disc bulge. Mild left and moderate to severe right hypertrophic facet arthopathy. Mild /moderate left and mild right foraminal narrowing
C4-5 small posterior disc osteophyte complex. Mild hypertrophic facet arthopathy noted bilaterally. Moderate left and mid right foraminal narrowing
C5-6 small posterior disc osteophyte complex with small superimpose right foraminal disc protrusion. Mild bilateral facet arthopathy. Moderate to severe right and moderate left foraminal narrowing
C6-7 minimal posterior disc bulge. Mild /moderate hypertrophic facet arthopathy noted bilaterally. Mild/moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing
Impression. Moderate left foraminal narrowing at c4-5andc5-6..moderate to severe right foraminal narrowing at c5-6.milder multilevel neuroforaminal narrowing as described above. No high grade spinal canal narrowing.

About me 57 years old now on ltd forklift driver for newspaperplant for 33 years job consist of stacking rolls 30 ft.high so looking up and rotating neck all the time physio for 10 months left side injections waiting for rfa waiting to see neuro doctor as right side feeling.weak in arms also waiting for right side injection and waiting for appointment at spine clinic. Any feadback would be great as the pain is getting to be a little much. Thank-you

• greggvaggreggva Posts: 99
    edited 12/05/2013 - 7:50 AM
    Post edited for providing medical advice/ interpretation of test results.
    Members of Spine Health agree not to ask for or give interpretations of test results/MRI.
    Sandi-SH moderator

Hope you heal quickly!
    C7-T1 ACDF 12Dec2013
  • Thanks gregva its such a long wait to see or get anything done with health care i will just keep going and keep my cardio up so at least my heart will be fine use to bodybuild for 20 years cannot do that much anymore just light weighs nothing overhead.
  • rpay10rrpay10 Posts: 33
    edited 12/05/2013 - 8:31 AM
    Hey paddy! 51 yrs old also 20 plus yrs as a body builder blue collar worker my whole life. Neck issues for some time lost left tricep flexion a few yrs ago. Just kept lifting working around it. About a year ago started having weakness numbness in left arm, as well as tremors in left hand ( nerve damage) as well as cold circulation in left hand. Knew something was really wrong! Went to 2 neurosurgeons and found out I had stenosis spurs and herniations throughout my entire cervical spine. Came to the conclusion that surgery was the only option. Pain means something's wrong but when you start losing strength weakness it means it cannot be repaired by therapy ect and surgery is the only option. I found a surgeon who is great and decided he/we would do a 360 surgery a ACDF C6-7 C7t-1 and the turn me over and do a posterior fusion from C3-T1! With rods and screws in the back of my neck because he had to take out the lamina( part of the vertebrae bone) Never had any surgery ever and was pretty scared. I had it done on nov11th and it wasn't as bad as I imagined the first few days were bad but I'm over 3 weeks removed and I feel really good. Ino lifting over 5 lbs which has been hard but I'm walking over 3 miles now on my treadmill and getting stronger each day. If you need any advice I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have that I feel I can help with. See more then one surgeon and go with your gut if you opt to have surgery let me know !!! Rob P
    Cervical 360 ACDF C6/7-C7T1 Posterior fusion with hardware C3-T1 11/11/13
  • Paddyboy - not sure if you saw my comments but I apparently stepped over the line when I made some inferences between what was on your MRI results and where certain nerves run, what openings they come out of in the spine, and where they lead to on your body. Your neuro doc should give you a detailed idea of what is going on with respect to your MRI and give you several options. I would be wary of one that wants to start with surgery and echo Rob P's comment of getting more than one opinion. I hear you with the cardio. I have been active in sport my whole life and was getting into short triathlons before my injury and I am now remanded to the stationary bike but it is better than nothing and helps get rid of excess energy so I can sleep. Stay positive and educate yourself as much as possible.
    C7-T1 ACDF 12Dec2013
  • I also have not had any surgeries before, I have always been happy and healthy and very proud of it! I started having some neck pain and I tried to ignore it and go on hoping that it would just go away, but my wife insisted that I go see a doctor about it after 6 weeks. I finally found a doctor that is doing something to help me...it took 3! My left arm feels like it weighs about a hundred pounds and is numb and tingling most of the time. I am losing muscle mass in my tricep, bicep and pectoral area on the left side of my body. I have a hard time lifting a cup of coffee, I don't know how you guys kept working out. My mri also showed that I have multiple herniated discs in my neck, and degenerative disc disease in all my discs except one and mild stenosis throughout. I am 36 and worried that this is going to flip my world upside down and I am not going to be able to do any of the things that I love to do anymore.

Definately don't stop looking for doctors until you get one that you feel is going to help you, I know that they get expensive but your health is worth every penny. I had to go through 3 just to find a doctor that is trying to help me with the pain, the first 2 would only give me anit-inflammatory drugs to calm the nerve down and nothing but advil for the pain. That didn't help at all and I would constantly tell them that. I had to go to a pain management doctor to finally get some pain meds and she has done 2 epidural injections in my neck. The injections didn't work for me but I have heard alot of people get atleast some relief from them, they might be worth a try. It's just a matter of time before I have to have surgery I am just trying everything possible to get it fixed conservatively before I get cut open. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you can find someone that will help you out! Keep us in the loop!
  • I too thought i could just ignore it and try to treat without surgery. Don't fool yourself !! after a 7 hr surgery of both a front and back fusion I'm glad i did it. I'm not quite a month out yet and i may not be able to lift like i used too but its ok. if you can't lift a cup you have serious problems dude that cannot be fixed with a needle. Educate yourself as much as possible, and take your time ( i spent 6 months finding the right surgeon). private message me if you need any additional questions answered. I had MAJOR surgery and I'm doing really good.
  • I had a nerve study with just pads, no needles this week, I go next week to get the results of that. I am a little worried about that because I felt absolutely nothing in my left arm, but on my right arm when they put the electrode to my wrist,elbow,and bicep my arm jumped 3 feet off the table. I know a needle won't cure it just wishful thinking. A 7 hour surgery sounds horrendous...you must be very strong willed to be doing so well in just a few weeks! I am so glad to finally see somone on here that can say they had a sucessfull surgery, most people on here are talking about how they are just as bad off as they were before surgery. Gives us some hope!
  • my left arm was bad too along with tremors in my hand. which haven't improved much since but it can take quite a while for nerves to regenerate and their is a chance it may not get better which i can live with. I was told i could eventually lose all use of my left arm and if was to fall or to be rear ended i could be permanently paralyzed, because of the stenosis i have. that was all i needed to hear.
    I feel it is now my duty to give positive feedback because i am doing well in my recovery so far. I have some personal feelings about some things i read on this web site that i will keep to myself, if you want to message me i can elaborate on that. Let me know what is going on with you and will help if i can …..Rob