Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fusion on 3,4 5 what excurse to to for softball

I had fusion done sept 3, surgen said i would be ready to play sb by nov....he did not give me any one to work with to get myself ready to play.....i still hurt how do i get ready now yo play by jan.....i do alot of walking and have played one game...i need more excerse but what i play first base....i am a active person but back always feels tired and sore.....domi work thur it or stop working so hard
Thanks for ur help nanieo

• I couldn't imagine my surgeon clearing me to play ball for quite a while after my fusion (12/17). I've already been told, and read here many times, that any strenuous bending lifting of twisting is out of the question for about 3 months.

Try and reach out to your medical team and ask them. Maybe you're the one in a million case but by swinging a bat you could be back at square one. It sucks to say it but for me after years of traveling and playing ball I think those days are over.
    Alif with percutaneous screws L4-L5 scheduled for 12/17. Can't wait to start getting better,
  • I don't know of anyone who was cleared to resume sports after a few months after having a fusion surgery. He may have been a bit too overly hopeful in telling you that.
    Recovery from fusion surgery is at least a year long process. Yes, the pain gets a bit better after the first three months, but that doesn't mean that the fusion is solid or strong enough or even has progressed enough for you to resume your previous activities......with sports it may even take longer for you to regain your strength previous to surgery and more importantly to strengthen your core muscles again so that you don't risk further injury.
    If I were you, I would certainly contact your surgeon before even considering returning to baseball, otherwise you can do some serious damage to what you just went through surgery to fix.
  • i still am very stiff and have a very weak back pain on left side...i am getting upset about lengh of time for recovery. I am a very active person and tired of not being able to do sports, walk much, etc...any one else have same as me?