Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

engineers & thinkers needed 4 computer chair melding project

Well, as time goes by and the ability to walk, stand & sit upright become more of a pain, I've bee thinking of building my computer setup into my recliner.

This will give me the ability to go online more often & just do computer stuff I've not been able to do for some years now (graphic design, write my tavern musical sequels & spend more time at places like here...;>) and make it easier in the middle of the night to watch stuff rather than having the huge tv on (bright light) & possibly wake my wife from the light (I wear headphones) going under the adjoining bedroom door of which I have to stuff stuff along the bottom of.

It'll also give me some more room in the living room by getting rid of the corner comp table (less dusting!).

The easy part is to build the cpu into the left side of the recliners 'arm' with a simple shelf - my brother & his wife have gotten very good at re-upholstering their own couch & chairs.
The hard part is to build (and with no to little money mind you...;>) the keyboard, mousepad & flat widescreen monitor into the chair so that they're moveable & out of the way when not in use.

I'm thinking of the kybd & mousepad on a single board that'll be on the side of the cpu case & be able to be pulled up & folded over my lap.
The monitor would be above & behind the chairs back, reach up & pull forward & down d not be in te way folded up when the recliners reclined (not much room back there!).
This would entail some form of universal joint system or a heavy (but quiet) duty gooseneck, can't have any noise at 2am...;>)

Sure, it'd be easier to just use a laptop & you're welcome to send me one...;>)
Just make sure it's got 2 of everything, a real mouse & 1000 gigs of ram & a 100" screen...;>)
Thoughts...?
advertisement

Comments