Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck problems causing upper chest pain

I have pinched nerves at C-5 ,C-6 and possible C-7. Along with a host of other things such as bone spurs disc herniations and stenosis. Yesterday iit was mild but this morning when I got up it hurts like heck when I move certain ways or extend my arms up like reaching for something out of the cupboard in my upper chest. Especially where the arm connects to the chest. And I between the collar bones in the upper chest area. This is a new symptoms I haven't had before. Feels like something's going to to rip in there sometimes. Just took three ibuprofen hoping it helps.. A couple more questions I have is has anyone taken the muscle relaxer Robaxin? Does it work good for you or give you any wierd side effects? I have had it for a couple weeks but haven't taken any yet. And is heat bad to put on? The heat feels so good but does it actually make the pain worse? I know it probably isn't good if there's inflammation. Thanks!

• I'm sorry that you are hurting. Robaxin is a good muscle relaxer, but as with any medication, some people it works wonderfully for some and for others, not quite as well. The pharmacy should have given you a print out of side effects with the medication when you got it filled. As with any new medication, when you take it , make sure to follow the cautions on the bottle and not drive or operate dangerous machinery until you know how it will effect you.
    As far as using heat goes, the usual recommendation is 15 or 20 minutes on , and then that long off........you can also alternate with ice to see which one works better for you. Sometimes ,the combination is the best option. Also there are heat patches you can use too that are available over the counter in the pharmacy. Just be careful about how long you leave them on because you can cause a burn with a heating pad or any hot patch if left on too long.
  • I was given robaxin to take during the day along with flexeril at night because flexeril knocked me out, it doesn't now that i'm used to it but it used to. Robaxin made me tired is about the only side effect I had. I have a herniation at C-5/C-6 and I have pain down my arm and some in my leg. My doctor asked me if I had any chest pain, I told him no. He said that I have a bulge at C-4/C-5 also but its not pinching the nerve and if it happened to hit my nerve that I would think I was having a heart attack, he said the front of my shoulders and across my chest would hurt. I would suspect that is what caused your pain...just a thought!
  • I have nerve impingement at C5-6 I know. But herniations at 3-4 and C5-6 but I know I have a bone spur at 4-5 that's touching the thecal sac. I don't have my report right in front of me now. I just took a Robaxin for the first time about a hour ago and it hasn't helped much. maybe a little. I only took a half of one since it was my first time trying it. My next dose I will take a whole one. It only hurts wheni move certain ways. If I'm just laying there or sitting it's ok. I go to the neurologist office on Monday so I will see what they say. Thanks for the info though it's much appreciated!
  • Anyway I know there's something touching the thecal sac at 4-5. And at the levels where the herniation are there is mild cord flattening from the herniations. All I know is this crap sucks! I hate it!