Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Epidural FAILED

I had my injection in November & unfortunately it failed im so disappointed but I know I had to give it a try.I suffered a bad bout of sciatica 6dys after & now all the lower back pain & stiffness in the mornings.I had my accident in 2011 so I personally think this injection was too late.Dont know what can be done now but im not having another one if my consultant suggests it.What next who knows ????

• http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain/chronic-pain/chronic-pain-treatment-step-step

I have read that the injections work best in the first three months or so post injury. After that time, I have found that they weren't as effective but I also think that the injections work better for mechanical problems and not so much when there is nerve related compression because the steroids can not relieve the compression only mask it....in the mechanical/structural problems, it can soothe the inflammation and reduce some of the swelling ....so I think it can mask the symptoms more , for longer.
  • To my knowledge they are to be given in a series of 3 to see if you respond.
  • others, depending on the basis for the injections may not. Most of the decision making process is dependant upon what the problem is that the doctor is trying to treat......
    Some may decide that if the first one or two injections don't work , to change the type of injection and continue with a different kind, while others may not want to at all.