Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Clavicle upper chest pain coming from neck prolems

Went to the doctor today. She said she has never seen anyone with neck problems having pain radiate to the clavicle upper chest area. I told her it only happens when I move certain ways. Or it happens when I'm lifting my arms up. I have read things that pinched nerves in the cervical spine could cause this. So does this doctor know what she's talking about? Has anyone else with neck problems had this type of pain before?

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I had horrible constant clavicle pain before my surgery
  • I go see the surgeon in January. I will see what he says if it's still bothering me then. Didn't care much for that doctor. She said she never heard of anyone with neck problems having that kind of symptom. She looked at me like I was crazy or something!
  • I have pain in my clavicle area also. It is not constant but I do have it quite a bit. I have issues at almost every cervical level. I would suggest seeing another Dr. for another opinion.
  • I just re-read your post and realized you are going to see a surgeon in January. Duh me:)
    I was also told by a Dr. that the pain I had was nothing to worry about. Come to find out I am a mess. I am scheduled for major surgery in February.
  • Jill728JJill728 Posts: 27
    edited 12/10/2013 - 10:24 AM
    Thanks. Yes this was a physicians asst. who went over my scans with me. She did say I was a mess in there. She evaluated me and then had me make an appt. to see the surgeon. I just don't think she knew what she was talking about. I thought I read somewhere that nerve impingement could cause clavicle and upper chest pain.
  • tamaralang31ttamaralang31 Posts: 1
    edited 11/21/2015 - 1:23 PM
    I know that I am a couple years late in this response, if you are still on this site I would love to know if your condition worsened, was diagnosed, do the symptoms include crepititus (either just in the clavicle, when you role shoulders), or any other joints in your body. By the way. the clavicle joint is one-(and is located right below it, in kinda where your chest starts. I stiffen almost instantly at the computer and suffer from chronic lower back pain after three successful surgeries. After 13 years I am able to manage the back pain, The neck pain has existed since my early teens because I could NEVER lay back to get my hair washed, it hurt so much.

Thus-this problem is life long it seems and is so much worse at the ANTERIOR BASE OF MY NECK that radiates down each arm, all the way across my collarbone (pain is above the bone and below) to each shoulder (where there is also crepititus) past the elbow all way to my fingertips. I want to design a thin but very cold ice pack that somehow stays put, and covers the neck, shoulders and collarbone to help with damn pain.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History