Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pink2lipPink2lip Posts: 123
edited 12/11/2013 - 4:05 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my Tlif in July. I have been suffering from horrible left thigh pain. I figured it was a side effect of surgery. I had a herniated L4 and a collapsed L5/s1. My surgeon was conservative and left the l4 alone. I have had this horrible pain since i came out of recovery in July. I figred it was because of the surgery. I called the surgeon multiple times because of this. I am still in horrible pain.

In october, I had my 3 month post op. They told me i had dermatomes. When i looked at the dermatomes chart it looked lirke it could possibly be my L2 instead of L4. My PM told me it could be facet syndrome. They ordered an MRI, but I have not gotten the rx for it. Pm told me it could take 30 days. The problem with this, my deductible has been met and my pm is out of network. So, my surgeon is going to do facet injections in two weeks. He is in network with my insurance.

I do not regret my spinal fusion. It helped the collapsed disc I had. I know my surgeon cannot predict what was going to happen to me post op. The reason I am discouraged is that I am in a lot of pain with a new problem. My gut feeling is that it is l2.

I went back to work way to early, I wish. I was still out. I am tempted to apply for social security, but I cannot afford to stop working for a year. I am missing a lot of work to. I could be fired over this. My fmla is exhausted. Luckily, my bosses girlfriend had the same surgery and he is aware of what happens afterwards. Other people (non-back surgery/pain sufferes) are always questioning me as to why I am in pain. Why didn't the surgery work? Why don't i take legal action against the doctor. My doctor could not predict what was going to happen to me post op.

I am sorry this is so long. I am in so much pain I don't even know if the weather is bothering me. I take my prescribed med's It is 22 degrees outside.
40 year old mom
Tlif July 18