Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trial Implant Surgery Yesterday

I received the trial spinal cord stimulator late yesterday, and will have it until it is removed on Monday. It's really hard for me to tell yet if it's helping, as I am having some pretty bad post-procedure pain. The weird thing is that the pain is not in the lumbar area where he inserted the leads, but rather halfway up my back where there are two spots that are so painful it hurts to lean back on the couch, much less lay on my back. The Medtronic's rep who called me today said that maybe it was due to the position I was in on the table, with my arms above my head. I had that same thought last night, but was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar?

I haven't been able to sleep in bed for any longer than an hour at night, before ending up in the recliner for the rest of the night for over a year. I was a little discouraged last night when I woke up around the same time, with the same pain, and had to spend the rest of the night in the recliner. I think I have noticed some relief in my legs, but the not-sleeping-in-bed pain is kind of a deal breaker for me in terms of whether or not this is successful for me. I'm going to try the other setting on the remote tonight and see if it does any better. If it is successful, I am scheduled to receive the permanent implant on December 24th.

• babybjewbbabybjew Posts: 4
    edited 12/16/2013 - 9:03 PM
    I studied on this but i hv not had it. I am scared that it might not do me any good. I had backsurgery kast yr and i been sick with pain down legs thighs cannot stand long nor sleep at night. I cannot lay on either side of my legs i finally got a craftomatic bed so i could sleep just laying on back reclined upward. Dr tried to get me to take the trial stimulator, but after telling me it might nof help and that it would replace pain with some type of other feeling. I said i dont want to feel anything i want to be well so i said no. I filed for disability two yrs ago and i am just gonna keep fighting. Social security seems to think i can do some light work. I cannot do what i used to do i did factory work for 20yrs, then went to jcp worked there for 13yrs as a associate and now i am done. Kids said mom plz dont kill yourself out there you juxt cant keep hurting yourself. In jan i go to a neurologist for test on legs to prove there is pain in my lower extremeties and to prove therd is nerve damage or compressed nerve. Its sad but we have to continue. I have nine grandkids but one that lives with me she is five and she has noticecd the pain i go thru her mom livex with me also. So i have strong support i loom forward to seeing my granddaughter everyday come in my room evegy morning and loom for me and love on me before she goes to school and after school she runs in house asking were is grandma. She is the only grandgirl and eight grandboys. So i am so glad god sent me an angel. She says grandma i will take care of you. So just find yoy something that brings you joy while dealing with the pain and i hope you much sucess:-)