Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hey any of you guys having any trouble after spinal infusion

babybjewbbabybjew Posts: 4
edited 12/16/2013 - 11:38 AM in New Member Introductions
i had surgery last year in june and about four months started having pains in legs thighs buttocks. I cannot stand over a hour without hurting if i sit too long i hurt, if i lay on either side of thighs i hurt. I never thought in my wildest dreams it would cost me this but i have to fight social security and go on. I was told they didnt want to help you. Well i have put in thirtyfive years and most of those were doing damage to my ownself. But i will be ok i am going to neurologist in jan so he can take test of legs. Let me hear from you guys ok.

• yes I do have pain in my legs and feet and it happened as soon as I had my ALIF 2 years ago ..its got a lot worse recently due ..I think .to a fall I had on a recent trip to see a family member .my consultant has ordered a fresh MRI scan to see what's going on and why the pain is so bad ..he thinks its sacroiliac joint or /and adjacent disk failure . this is my 3rd spinal operation in 17 years and as the years have gone on I have got so much worse I am now disabled and in constant pain and taking massive amounts of painkillers just to get through the day ..its not what I wanted for myself at only 47 {my life went down the toilet at only age 30 }after some idiot crashed it to my car ..that's when the rot set in .!! the pain is pure hell if you are going through anything like I am god help you
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • mike2ummike2u Posts: 3
    edited 12/22/2013 - 10:41 AM
    Yes I have, I didn't expect to but I do. I had a 7 level fusion S1 to T12 in Jan of this year plus 2 rods and 12 screws. Things were going ok till about April and then it started going backwards. The fusion wasn't hardening so I was given a bone stimulator and used it till just a couple of weeks ago. It's gotten so I can't walk without alot of pain in my lower back and legs/hips or stand or sit. LOL, not much fun. I had a previous back surgery in 2009.
    I know what you mean, 34 years at the same job and I expected to go back but that pretty much faded away. I'm guess I'm lucky since I'm only on a couple of pain meds, they pretty much just dampen what I'm feeling though. I did get lucky in that I was accepted for SS on the first try (just found that out 2 days ago). I'm currently on LTD still so I have no idea how all this will work out. I go back to the Docs in Jan for the 1 year review. I'm still pretty young :) , I'll be 60 in Jan... We shall see.
    And to "backache99" wow, you've been through a lot too..
    To all of us I'd like to say things will get better..... BUT we all know how we feel....
    Take care.. mike.