Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worried a little

Hi Guys,

Well for last few weeks I have been having some increased neck pain and stiffness + strange sensations in my left hand along with muscle twitching's in my left arm with pain in my left arm also. Also I am suffering swallowing issues also, as if there is something in my throat but there obviously isn't. This feels just like when I had my operation some years back. Also my leg burning sensation has increased somewhat also. This has worried me enough as I have been to see my GP who just did some strength tests and asked me a basic few questions. He said that because I have a cold and this might be the cause + because I have pathology problems already at c5-c7 from the damage previously this will be the likely problem as he said the area that I am experiencing problems (the left hand) is c8 and I have not had any issues with this area but I said that it does not mean that there is not one as my original area of c5 lead to a further surgery at c7. I feel like I have nowhere else to go to and I don't see my surgeon for a routine appointment until Feb/March time next year. What does this sound like to you guys? any thoughts?

• I suggest you call your surgeon's office and share your symptoms and see if they think you should come in to be evaluated.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • There is no reason that you can not call your surgeon's office to move your appointment up since you are concerned enough about the new/increased symptoms to be asking on a forum for advice. It would be wiser to just contact your surgeon's office and make an appointment to be seen sooner, rather than later.