Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Halo for a 360 five level fusion?

Just wondering if those of you who've had a 360 (anterior/posterior) fusion had to wear a Halo for any amount of time? I've heard that some patients have to. I have my pre-op on January 8th but I'd like to know now and what was/is it like? Thanks!

• Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question... I just saw 5 level fusion and said Holy Sh...! Have you had previous spine surgeries? Did you get a second opinion?
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Not sure if I have ever heard that anyone here with a 360 cervical fusion wearing a halo. But you never know, maybe some surgeons may implement that into use if it were a traumatic spine injury where the fusion is close to the brain C1 or 2 and the cervical spine and skull had to be totally immobile.
    I only had a 360 3 level at C4 thru C7 and the reason for a 360 fusion is to make the spine stabile in that region so something such as a halo is not required. But don't take my word for this, I am no doctor. There are some on here I know that have 360's starting at the C1 level, maybe they will post answers on their experience here.
    Take care,
  • just had a 360 less then 6 weeks ago posterior was C3-T1 hard brace for 4 weeks and only when up and around…did not sleep or shower with it…any questions you have write down and take with you when meeting your surgeon..or call the nurse at the surgeons office
    Cervical 360 ACDF C6/7-C7T1 Posterior fusion with hardware C3-T1 11/11/13
  • Yes, I have had 4 other surgeries - 3 back and 1 neck. This surgery is a second opinion. My last cervical surgery, done last February, did not fuse, so I am having the neurosurgeon who did my last back surgery in 2010 do this redo. He's a wonderful doctor and knows his stuff! I do have a list of questions to ask at my pre-op.