Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this-Surgery Recommended by PCP

advertisement

Comments

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    can tell you that cervical ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion) sounds very scary but actually has a high success rate and surprisingly results in less post op pain than you'd think. My first surgeon fused C5-C7 in 2006, I wanted him to add C4 but he said that level was "iffy". So 12/12/13 my new surgeon fused C4 to the existing C5-C7 segment. I was discharged the next morning. The hardest part is sleeping in my Aspen Vista cervical collar. I have some upper back and shoulder muscle pain but not bad! Personally I prefer an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon do perhaps get a consult from one of those too. Don't wait too long to do the surgery if you have any weakness, numbness or pain shooting down your arm(s). That's a sign the situation needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • is simply an opening of the area where the nerve root exits that level of the spine. It's kind of a widening of the area, which allows the nerve to pass without contact with anything. It is one of the easier surgeries to be done and the recovery process is easier. It also doesn't weaken the spine because the bony overgrowth is removed, not anything else.
    You should consider making the appointment now , and then when you are done with physical therapy, you can already have a game plan in place to go to if the therapy doesn't work.
  • Thanks in advance guys!

PT has helped... a little bit. But it has done nothing to relieve these spasms on the right side. Functional but still in pain the majority of the day with limited range of motion. No radiculopathy as of yet, thankfully. Trying to get in for a neuro/ortho consult has proven more difficult than anticipated! Man are they booked far out!

Henry