Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pacemaker and SCS?

Can these two coexist? I have my SCS for three months and suddenly need a pacemaker.
Unrelated in cause but are they exclusive and will I need to pick which one to keep?

• I just found out about the ticker needs and I'm a little anxious as you might imagine. Just thought I'd see if anyone here is in or has been in this spot. I have a call in to my BS SCS rep already but since itis Xmas I don't expect an answer too fast.
  • Kmj1966KKmj1966 Posts: 1
    edited 12/25/2013 - 11:35 PM
    I too have a SCS and they are looking at a pacemaker in large part because of the non ischemic heart events that have become gradually worse with no history of cardiac artery disease however spinal cord patients whose nerve canal disintegrate through Formosal Ankylosing Spondylitis may have non ischemic heart conflict resulting in death, my Dr. Has said i can keep my SCS however mine is implanted in my low back......where is yours?
  • 64pvolvo1800664pvolvo1800 Posts: 250
    edited 12/25/2013 - 11:39 PM
    But the issues are in my L5 area. My problem seems to be brachycardia as my resting pulse is 45-50 and sometimes bottoms out.
  • BS rep says the two are contraindicated in the official literature......buuuuttt.......it has happened and is case by case evaluation apparently. I go Monday and will update on their decision.