Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS trial approved.

My SCS trial was approved this morning. The only catch is with it being the end of the year the hospital is booked with people wanting to get the medical stuff done before they have to start over with their deductibles. The PM doctor's office cant get me on the schedule until after the first of the year. I am stuck wondering where I am going to come up with the deductible. It just ticks me off.
Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 12/27/2013 - 8:54 AM
    Look at the bright side. If your trial was done this year then you would have to pay the deductible if you have not made it already but when the implant is done which will normally be weeks later your deductible would be due again. This way paying the deductible the first month has you covered for the year. I never did have good luck with this. My surgeries almost always came up just before Thanksgiving and or Christmas. This one this year was two days before Thanksgiving it never fails. It was a second SCS for me and has already made a change in my life.

I hope for you that this expensive trial helps you out. It can be fantastic or be a let down. Let's hope you get your life back and feel great..
    Feel free to PM me and ask anything you need to. I have both a medtronics unit and now a Boston scientific unit. Both are very good and both do their job with very similar actions but a few differences.

What brand are you going to trial?
    Good luck and I hope this does it for you

• Turns out that my husband enough money on the flexible spending account card to pay the deductible and then some. Which is good. I had the big freak out for nothing.

The nurse called me again this morning the doctor had to cancel everything before the end of the year, because he has the flu. However, since my husband's employer changed insurance companies, she prepared and sent all my paperwork back to the hospital to be approved again. I did call the insurance company yesterday and they said getting approved shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully, they were not just telling me what I want to hear.

As for the trial it is going to be a medtronics unit. If all goes well, which I hope it does. I know that the NS that puts in the permanent unit uses a paddle lead instead of the wires.

Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • I had my trial before Xmas and was fast tracked due to the success to beat the deductible resets. Thank god we were able to do it. So far so good. I'm 3 weeks in and am getting about 50% relief. Trail seemed to get better results but I have an appointment with the Medtronics rep to do some programming as well. He said we should be able to work around this. So far so good though. I have cut my meds back by half or more and cannot wait to be released from the docs to begin living again.