Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone know what this could be?

I have been having weird pain for the last 6 months that's progressively getting worse. When I lay down, my legs burn and I feel like my body is twitching or muscle spasms inside, no the burning has spread to the feet and hands and I feel like someone is hitting my bones with something. My burning is so severe especially in lower legs, I also have burning back pain that spreads around. I get nausea and I swear sometimes at night. I also have bloating when I eat and I feel weak in my arms and legs, I can't workout anymore I have no energy, I'm living a nightmare , no med is relieving my pain, I tried Cymbalta and my body had a reaction to it, I tried Motrin and muscle relaxants and they barely help. I also get palpitations, I am mostly bothered by the burning in my legs, I have mild scoliosis of my lumbar spine that showed in xray but apparently doctor said it can't be causing all my pain, I have an MRI tomorrow for my lumbar spine and my brain in one month. I'm scared this is autoimmune or a rare condition, cause the pain is everywhere, did someone ever experience anything similar? I feel like my body is shaking when I lay down and I can't feel it like an internal tremor. This all started out of the blue, but when it happened, it was only a few symptoms but now it's constant and many symptoms, I was born with spina befida but I had therapy for 12 years and doctors told me I can go. I don't know if it's related. Sometimes I get dizzy too, this is freaking me out, but I've been patient for 6 months, it's hard to describe your pain to other people when they never experienced it.

• sounds like it might be time to go to the ER. I would.
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 12/27/2013 - 6:23 AM
    Have you consulted with a neurologist and possibly a rheumotologist? An xray simply checks for fractures and alignment in the spine but it doesn't reveal whether or not there is nerve compression so you might want to see either a board certified spine surgeon, either ortho or neuro and get the MRI done to see what might be causing your conditions.
    It doesn't sound like the heart palpitations are related so maybe a cardiologist might be a good idea as well?