Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Some good news to report

I had my first epi shot on C5/C6 on December 17th after months of suffering with left arm and shoulder tingling/numbness and left foot tingling/numbness. I remember after Christmas dinner that I had to go to bed early, I just was suffering too much. Then I woke up on the 26th and immediately felt better, now 9 days since the shot. And, the pain and numbness has continued to improve to the point that I almost feel like I did before this all started happening to me back in June of this year.

Now I'm wondering, 13 days since the shot... how long will this last? Can I start to do the things I use to do? Should I just stay pretty much sedentary or maybe do some stretching and physical therapy?

Tomorrow I go for another MRI, this time on my lumbar region to rule out stenosis there. Doctor thinks that my foot troubles are due to something going on in the L region. I maintain that is is all from the neck and the fact that things are better is proof.
60 year old male: See my Medical History tor full report on my condition, now diagnosed as Cervical Stenosis C5/C6 and C6/C7 moderate to severe.

• That is great news. The fact the shot helped may keep you from a surgery. Often times conservative treatments can take care of these issues. As to how long the shot will work, is very hard to tell. The good news is sense it helped they have targeted the proper area. Often times it will take a series of 3 and the pain can and does go away for good while your neck heals itself, basically. I wouldn't over due it, though. You wanted to gradually begin doing things you haven't been able to do. You might let them know that it helped,and possibly they can prescribe some therapy, to get back any strength you may have lost during this time.

As to your leg issues and foot issues, your cervical spine would be the cause of this, if, you had a cord compression. However typically the lumbar region would be the source, of their is no cord compression. It is so very important they rule out all things, as you don't want a doctor assuming that is where the issue is coming from. Keep in mind while they targeted your neck, the medications will run throughout your body, so it is possible to get relief from the other symptoms even if it is your lumbar region.

Congrats on getting relief and hopefully this is the beginning of the end of your spinal issues.
  • for your insight and response. I did notice that the arm/shoulder/hand pain was relieved much sooner than the foot/leg problem. I started getting some relief in the arm after about 3-4 days, then the whole thing got better after 9 days. I can still feel tingles at times, and still have a bit of a stiff neck when moving my head to the left, but no where near where it was before the shot. I just hope it continues to get better.
    60 year old male: See my Medical History tor full report on my condition, now diagnosed as Cervical Stenosis C5/C6 and C6/C7 moderate to severe.
  • I am thrilled that you have gotten some relief from your epi. My doctor told me she expected atleast 6 weeks of relief with the epi. I was told to do anything I felt like doing, to return to my normal activities. I wouldn't over do it, like helping a friend move and you do all the heavy lifting but reasonable activity. Look up some physical therapy exercises for cervial spine, I am sure you can find some on google. I would do a lot of stretching and trying to get any strength back that you may have lost. I have heard of people never having any more problems with 1 epi injection, I am hoping that will be the case for you.
  • Glad to read that the injection worked so far...........take it easy and be careful .