Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2013 - A year in review - Looking back to remember

I love this time right when we are anxiously awaiting for that ball to drop in Times Square. People shouting, hugging and kissing to bring in the new year and forget the old one. So many magazines have dedicated issues for this event.

So why Not Spine-Health!

I would love everyone to post one very positive event, one negative event and then what you can do to make 2014 a better year.

So, I will start:

My Positive event in 2013
A summer family reunion. Spending an entire day with my brother (who I rarely see) , his children, grandchildren, and Pat and mine. It was a beautiful day full of fun, sunshine and laughter. Its a day I have etched into my heart forever. Family is a gift,

My Negative event in 2013
My daughter's room-mate's brother fell 35 feet off a roof 15 days before Christmas. He fell on his head and had many broken bones, ribs, an eye socket and much more. It was a miracle he survived the fall. He has since be moved to a Rehab center where it will be months and months to determine how much brain damage was done. His road to recovery, whatever that may mean is going to be long and hard. Its when you hear stories like this, you feel ashamed at even feeling sorry for yourself or complaining about your pain.

What I am going to do to make 2014 better for myself
I am going to spend more time listening to people, really hearing what they have to say. I want to try to eliminate as many of the negative traits that I have and hopefully never do anything to hurt another person intentionally.

SO, now its your turn! But remember there are Three (3) Rules

1 . Your positive event in 2013
2 . Your negative event in 2013
3 . What you are going to do in 2014 to make it better for yourself

If you cant do all three, please, then refrain from posting. I know there are hundreds of members out there that know how to complete this.

I really believe that when we all look to the brighter side of life, brighter things will start to happen. 10 people trying to make things better will make a difference, but it may only take 1 person looking at all the negatives to slow down the positive. So throw away all those bad things. Not just your physical conditions. But the arguments and disputes you may have had with a friend, a family member, a spouse.

In the scope of things, life is very short and so precious. Lets not waste a minute

2014 - A New Year Lets all make it Count !

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Ok - having a bad pain day so will kick this off.

Positive event - sold my house - for the first time after my accident am able to move to the coast where I think I belong.

Negative event - my dad diagnosed with cancer and putting my beautiful dog to sleep.

Next year - moving down by the ocean - buying a new house - looking after my parents who live on the coast and finally hopefully being in a place where I can work on my book everyday that will hopefully be a bestseller - yep it's going to be - I'm determined and haven't read anything spellbinding for ages, so need to research more, plan chapters, know the outline, character build and write myself a good book that hopefully other people will want to read. Think I'll use the snowflake method. Need a fresh start somewhere else and look forward to every day again, like I used to.

Thank you to everyone on this forum - so glad I found it - you guys - strangers - have helped me through some rough patches and restored my faith in humanity. Happy New Year everyone.
  • Positive- our 14 year old son who is on the spectrum started a private school and is doing wonderful. Our whole family dynamics have changed since he is finally in a school where he is understood, accepted by his peers as well as teachers and can be himself.

Negative- I lost my only brother (48) on April 11 due to a sudden heart attack. Never imagined being left without a sibling.

What I'm going to do to make 2014 a better year- appreciate every day and everyone as if its the last day I have. Continue to work on my spine health as well as my overall mental/physical health. Continue to make sure my children and husband know how much I truly love and appreciate them.

I wish everyone a very blessed 2014! It can only get better from here on out.
    Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
  • My positive - taking action on my health issues and finding more support from my employer than I had ever expected. Apparently I am more valuable to them than I realized.

My negative - the unexpected death of my husband's sister.

What I will do in 2014 to make it better for myself - I will work on being less self absorbed and more mindful of others.