Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Everyone. I am scared about what's next.

I was injured in May of 2013 and was diagnosed with an inoperable neck injury. My surgeon says that pain mgmt is my only option. I have pain 24/7 and am on a slew of meds from my family Dr. I am going Monday for the first time to pain mgmt. It is scaring me to think that I am permenantly injured with no hope for fixing it. Only managing my symptoms.
I've read a lot of posts on here and have been encouraged. I know that my road is ahead of me. I want to share my story with others and hope to be a help as well.

• It's always a bit disconcerting to hear that surgically, nothing can be done, but that doesn't mean that you are out of options, as far as managing the symptoms. There are lots of options available in pain management to help decrease the pain, maintain and/or increase flexibility, and improve function. It is the closing of one door and the opening of many other avenues instead.
    The best advice that I can give you, is to be open to exploring all of the available options through pain management, keep your meds at the lowest doses that you can function at, and be willing to try whatever suggestions you are given.