Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 weeks post Op ACDF pain worse...Frustrated

9 Week post op. ACDF on two levels with no plate or screws, weened down to 10mg twice a day of OxyCod from 40mg twice a day which I was on for two months prior the Op, also oramorph for brake through pain. But my the pain is worse than it was three weeks ago.....Christmas hasn't helped as I've been cleaning, shopping etc..... Waiting for appointment for the pain clinic. My spine feels like It's on fire & neck feels like it's going to snap. And so much debt due to SSP £86 per week need to get back to work it's all getting out of control.... DOSE IT EVER GET BETTER, FEELING DESPERATE & NOW DEBT,!!

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 01/06/2014 - 10:10 AM
    Before you went and did all of that activity during the holidays, did you make sure that you were medically cleared to be doing it by the surgeon? Everyone who undergoes spine surgery is given a list of restrictions that you are supposed to follow until the surgeon tells you otherwise.
    Doing things that you weren't told you could do are going to lead to increased pain, and puts the entire surgical outcome at risk. 9 weeks is very early in the recovery process from a two level surgery, especially with no plates or screws to help secure things.
    Compensating by using the pain medications but doing things that you aren''t supposed to may well be the reason for increased pain so I hope that you haven't put the outcome of your surgery in jeapordy and it is simply a flare up.