Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 wk Post Fusion Appt with Surgeon

I had a visit with the surgeon and everything is going well. He said that I can come back to work on Jan 21, part time..
I then have to go back on Feb 7th and hopefully I will be released to come back full time. I will continue to work the afternoons at home.
He said that since I am getting nerve pain now in the legs they want to make sure it has nothing to do with the spinal leakage. It could be all my nerves coming alive, which is a good thing.
Still no bending, lifting or pulling. I can now use a treadmill ,but no other PT. Maybe in a month I can do hydrotherapy. The xrays looked good, no fushion yet, but it is still early. How are others doing at 6 weeks after Fusion

• I had ACDF c7-t1 in dallas tx - Two weeks visit w dr all okay. Ive had one scare, turned head too much and felt a pull. I still have A LOT of hand pain and back, particularly right hand palm and pinky, where Ive had pain for almost 3 years.

I feel my back is still very inflamed and that's pressing on the nerves, my guess tho - ice helps. I am now doing as little as possible with arms - I sure hope its a matter of time as I am wearing brace for 3 more weeks. Any feedback here welcome too.

Thanks for post Jliro!
  • Be careful!! I think when we feel alittle better, we forget what we should do and what we actually do. Then we do something to remind ourselves. I was on my feet to much today and boy am I paying for it.