Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disabled parents

Hi am a disabled parent, as my son told me yesterday . He is 14 we were having a row , over school .He told me that he not like other kids he gets to do less. I know things are different but we have a nice home he has more then other kids, because he dose have jobs around the house but he would have them any way. I know he dose worry about me falling when he not there or the weather bad, but I never keep him in , he always goes out if he want's and stuff . We talk a lot but yesterday when he said that I asked him what do you mean, he said things are different. I been feeling really bad today don't know what to do different , when I am in pain I try keep it to my self go quite, I try not to let things effect him to much. He knows things are always going to be different but the way he said it yesterday was 'You don't know the way it feel's to have a disabled parent' .

• thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 01/08/2014 - 2:36 AM
    Tina - all 14 year old boys can be pains. It's just a stage. They all go through not wanting to know their parents - then they turn into good people again at around 17 - 18 if you're lucky. A friend of mine wrote his child had turned into an alien and he expected her to come back to earth around 17 - when he got a note about his child from the school. It's a stage - crazy boy hormones - my boys changed into pains for a while and I hadn't had my accident - they grow out of it eventually.
  • Thanks , I coped with the mood thing, slamming the door's ext. Maybe I am being over sensitive , but I feel disabled people get jugged as parents. One day me and J----- were walking through the street and J----- was helping with the shopping bags and I was pulling shopping trolley, and a lady stopped me in the street and said I seen you around and seen how much your boy helps you, is he a young carer and gave me a big long talking too. Well did she pick on the wrong lady I trained in child care and keep a good home and yes my son dose help with the shopping bags and do the bins and keep his room tidy thease are things I expect of a teenager , that's how he earns his pocket . If I was not using walking sticks and splints on my hands I don't think she would have asked me that question. You are wright I thing he just wanted to hit me were it hurt with words he did say sorry a couple of hours latter.