Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tired of my own company.

jenny_40jjenny_40 Posts: 29
edited 01/13/2014 - 6:27 AM in Depression and Coping
Hi,Im in my early 40s.My children are grown up now and doing their own thing.Me on the other hand not so great.I have had a few surgeries over the last 7 years still in constant pain and now awaiting to have some Epidurals done.I don't work at the minute.although i have been for a few interviews which i haven't been successful.I just that my life is passing me by. I don't have many friends which don't help my loneliness, My one and only friend works full time although we text we catch up every so often.I try to explain to my husband but it doesn't help.I spend most of my time at home (Groundhog day)going to the shops is a chore. I feel like i don't fit in anywhere i struggle keeping a conversation because i feel like i have nothing to say.
I'm just wandering if anyone else feels this way.
Thank you for reading this.

• Jenny, I haven't had surgery for my condition but it has consumed me. I've alienated friends, family and GF. I'm 51 and I feel my life has stopped. I guess only I can change it but it's hard. There's no manual to deal with pain.
  • Chronic pain has definitely turned me into a hermit. I can't get my husband to understand. I feel very lucky though, that I have a few members of my church that come to my house or call me every so often. It is very easy to settle into a reclusive lifestyle when you can't shake the pain. These forums are a great way to connect with people just like you. You could be of immense help to a lot of people with your knowledge of surgeries, procedures, etc. And, who knows, you might find the help you need, too. Congrats on raising kids. Thats a job in and of itself. There's no reason to despise the situation you're in. So what if you haven't found a job yet? Enjoy the extended stay-cation. Do you have any hobbies? Maybe focus on doing something you like. I haven't been able to work since 2009 and I've taken up selling throw pillow covers online. It doesn't bring in much money but every little bit helps, right? I do hope you feel better soon.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I knew I had to make a change somehow in my life that would give me some sort of pleasure. I became a dog rescuer. Small dogs only due to having to lift many. I try to attend a adoption event once a month with my foster and have made some wonderful friends along the way, along with the feeling of doing something good.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    But never get tired of your own company! Spinal problems do not make us lepers.

It does get frustrating when you have had a number of spinal surgeries, been through upteen number of tests, have had multiple spinal injections and you still dont feel the way you hope you would.

We all need to figure out ways to deal with all of this. Some are easy to do , some become more difficult.

Can you deal I tried to put into words what so many of us think on a regular basis.

We all know the down side and dark and gloomy days of spinal problems, but we need to look at the brighter side, because it does exist. Finding out what makes you feel good is something that we all need to experience. Many times we need to identify what are the really The hard things in life we have had to face.

Being scared, being down at times is normal. But those are thoughts we can have only for short periods of time. Instead we need to focus in on all the good things that are happening now and how they will even be better in the future.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com