Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

I tore two disks S1-L5,L5-L4 back in may 2009. Went though 5 specilists and 2 pain management practices, 2 head docs, drug guinea pig, back brace, chiropratic all with the same results the roller coaster and a steady decline in my physcial and mental health. Could not work for more than 2 months every 8-9 months ( income for 2013 "0"). Also I am in my late 40's

1) Chronic Pain is a chain reaction and a web of symptoms as we all know.
2) Finally after 5 years the tears have healed so the sciatica is gone.
3) My legs still hurt but not as bad and the pain location(s) changed.
4) I started treating the pain, spasms, depression, and anxiety at the same time and at the same intensity ( HARD!!!!)
5) After 3 months now the pain is now reduced to bursitis due to the constant 5 years of constant muscle spasms.
6) I am now pain free 75% of the time and steroid shots are being scheduled for each hip and above each knee.

In the last 5 years I have been in the hospital at least 15 times, been on fentanyl patches and massive amounts of daluidid, gone through 2 months of withdrawal in which I lost my memory and lost 15 pounds. Also been in a physc ward for 5 days due to the wrong med. and dosage prescribed. For the last 2 years (Until November) have only been able to walk more than 20 feet every other day

The point????
In my posts I said many times NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Lastly to quote a saying from a book my head doc gave me " you need to own your pain" hard to understand and comprehend. Simplest is that your pain is like your car, so you listen to all the facts, listen to your body, keep pain log, you do the driving, ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
Don't rely or expect any doctor to "drive". I would give the title of the book but that may be a violation of the rules of this forum.
advertisement

Comments

• I am glad to read that your pain is finally going away. I've always said that the treatment of chronic back pain is a journey, not a destination, and that being persistant and not giving up is the best way to get it under some control.
    I wish you nothing but the best in your journey.
  • Wow, you have been through so much. I am so glad you have found some relief, and thank you for the advice.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,040
    Mr Grouchin, your post is good news and I am happy for you.
    Never giving up, that did get you to where you are today.
    Stay this way!

Sure you can post the name of the book! ( Just dont say where to buy it or a price )
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That sounds like a book I'd like to read. Since Ron said you can post the name of the book please tell us :)
    Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
  • Managing Pain before it manages you. Margaret Caudill MD PhD.

THis is a good book in the beginning. the middle and last parts are Cognitive Behavioral Theroy and relaxation techniques
advertisement