Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

25 year old female post op back surgery

Ashlyn GrossieAAshlyn Grossie Posts: 1
edited 01/16/2014 - 7:13 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am a 25 year old female who had been struggling with back pain since I was 14 years old. After years of pain, medications, therapy and injections, I finally found a doctor with answers. I had to travel out of state, I am from Louisiana, drove to Dallas, Texas. I had a TLIF surgery under the care of Dr. xyz. I must say he did an amazing job. I am a month post op and I feel great! I haven't had any pain since the surgery. However, I do experience leg and hip pain which just can be from nerve inflammation from the surgery. Seeing the dr next month to double check. But I have learned no one should live in the pain. I was told nothing can be done.. but I am now pain free thanks to Dr. xyz and his amazing team!

Post edited to remove specific doctor's name. Please read the Forum rules
Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team

• PaulPPaul Posts: 730
    edited 01/16/2014 - 5:22 PM
    I truly believe there is a solution for most cases but people need to search hi and low for it.
    It took me like 8 months to find mine and even then, it was stroke of luck.

It's easy to give up and quit searching but difficult to push forward thru pain. I'm glad you found yours and shared with us. Take care and protect your success.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • That's great! I live in Dallas and I was 25 when I had my first surgery.
    I went to 4 doctors in the past 2 years and none would do my fusion until I found my current doctor.
    Glad you got the care you needed, it can be very frustrating when they say we don't need surgery because of our age.
    My doctor is younger- early 40's so maybe the mind set of spine surgeons is changing!
    99/00 L4/5 & L5/S1 herniation
    2001 L5/S1 microdisectomy age 25
    severe DDD at surgery level
    2011 pars
    2012 RFA L/3/4/5
    7-02-13 L4/5 l5/S1 360 fusion ALIF PLIF
    DX spondylitis , DDD, scoliosis, and slight kyphosis
  • on my nervesoon my nerves Posts: 116
    edited 01/17/2014 - 12:10 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive story. There are many of us here that are preparing for surgery and it's always refreshing to hear the good news.
    I pray that you continue to heal and that everyday is pain free for you.

Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014