Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What makes you feel good?

Really, a simple question, but I know there are no simple answers.

I think its very important to understand what things that we do or things that are done for us that make is feel good.

Feeling good, what does that really mean? I am not talking about any medication or treatment that can help us get though the day, but I am talking about the important things, the emotional things that we do to make us feel good.

For me, I love to be able to help others on this forum. That may be in the form of encouragement, or explanations. But that can also mean telling it like it is, saying the hard cold facts. I want to help others, but I also don't want to see someone going down the wrong path.

Thats me...

But whats more important is hearing from all of you. I know and you know there are things that make us feel good, please tell us about it!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I may sound like I'm echoing you Ron, but helping others, whether it be here, at home, in the workplace, or in the community gives me much satisfaction. Helping others that are less fortunate also makes me feel good. I have been very lucky to have had such a good life with many opportunities. Helping others create their own opportunities is very fulfilling.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    I was looking back at some of my previous posts and came across:
    What makes you fell better
    Some of that applies to what my current post is talking about. But overall, its all about what makes you feel like a better person.

And Ranger, your echo is something I hope that so many others see in the same way - Thanks, I always know that when you post, it will be something that is meaningful and positive for everyone to read..
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I like it when I'm faced with a mess and I am able to organize it.
    Some days it's getting rid of clutter, cleaning out a drawer or closet, or just putting things away.
    Some days it's composing a document from a bunch of scribbled notes.
    Some days it's creating a decent meal from whatever scratch ingredients I have on hand in the house.
    Some days it's successfully calming my overactive mind.
    Whenever I successfully tame chaos, I feel like I have mastered something.
    Of course, all things trend to chaos ultimately so I'm always working at this but it gives me a reason to be.
  • I wanted to share that doing everything positive for my self is good. Kind of like doing positive actions balances the pain and eroding forces of my neck pain. If I can learn how to manage my life as it is....that is a good feeling of accomplishment. Completing simple tasks on a daily basis adds up to a life well lived!
    I may not be able to do xy&z; but I can do. Reaching out for help is a hard thing to do. Learning to trust others. Calling my doc when I have problems that go beyond my ability.
    It feels good to be able to be as independent as possible. Trusting others and allowing them to help me.
    Prayer and meditation go a long way for me too.
    We are spirit, soul and body.
    Together we walk hand in hand.