Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

September 2014 Surgery Buddies

awalshaawalsh Posts: 33
edited 01/20/2014 - 8:04 AM in Surgery Buddies
Please join this thread if you plan to have spine surgery in September 2014. We look forward to hearing from you!

• would love to talk to a surgery buddy about difficulty with BM and also pain management and sleeping through the night. Thanks, deezy
  • I had Super bad BM problems. I have combination of two laxative tablets 1 dose of milk of magnesia, and two tablets of magnesium supplements. I had had trouble going even up to 7 days. Now I am regular going every day. With a regular stool. I am also eating protein bars with flax seeds. I sprinkle a couple of psyllium powder. when you decide to back off on your hydrocodone, you can reduce the number of doses of each. this works for me. Hope this can help you out.
  • me too! 7days no BM. NS had me taking 4 senna(lax)@ bedtime, and 2 collace (softener) I splattered a relief, (not 7 days worth), but then I did an enema yesterday, (moderately satisfying) so far nothing today. Taking psyllium today. Thanks so much! what do you do for breakthrough pain @ 3a in the morning?
  • I do have a lot of pain in the wee hours of the morning I just get up and drink more water yuck. trying to milk of magnesium need to get some cherry flavored because the plain is really icky icky icky. I always worry about straining, but I hold my hand up over my surgery scar and that really seems to help a lot with the pain.