Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post L5,S1 Laminotomy Discectomy

Please sum advice

I had a Laminotomy Discectomy on the l5,S1 right side (right butt/thigh pain) on Jan 03 2014. I woke up in the hospital after the surgery no pain in my butt or leg just surgery pain in the area of the surgery. About 48 hours later while at home revering, the pain started to slowly come back not like before surgery put enough to say wtf.

I spoke to the surgeon and he sated that the nerve takes a long, long time this friday makes (3) weeks and I have some pain still in my right butt and leg. I am so hoping that some one can tell me that they had the same and there is light at the end of my tunnel I want to be pain free hopefully soon

• The fact that you have already had improvement is a very good sign. I had the same surgery over 10 years ago. I woke up after surgery pain free, but also had flares of pain later. Often I could find a cause for these,such as lying in one position too long bad posture or overdoing activities. My neurosurg gave me some stretches to do starting. a couple months after surgery and they helpwed immensely. For at least a year after the surgery I would randomly have sensations of hot or cold in my right leg,or the feeling of water running down the leg. I would even get gooseflesh down the side of my leg that had the painful sciatic pain before surgery. These were all just part of the process of the nerve healing from its injury. Bottom line is, nerves are les predictible than other body parts when it comes to healing. I'm happy that you have experienced some relief. Expect things to slowly improve with some setbacks for several months. Most importantly follow any activity guidelines your doctor gives you. That's where I went wrong, I felt so great I ignored some of the lifetime activity restrictions and undid all the great work my neurosurg preformed. Good luck and speedy healing to you.
  • Thanks I am starting to feel a little better with each day, I was starting to feel like I would never heal.
  • Agp
    glad to see your feeling good... from one cowboy fan to another !