Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Old fusion with new problems in cervical area

I am going to see Neurospine doctor Tuesday for consult. I have a C1-C2 fusion from 2007. I now have cervical rediculopothy with C5. Exreme weakness in right arm and shoulder. Has anyone experienced this before? When I had my fusion the doctor told me then that it was more than likely going to result in more fusions later on in life. I will post update Tuesday evening. Thanks.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I have 5 cervical fusions under my belt. Good luck
  • I had MRI Thursday evening and will know results in the morning. I had MRI done OCT 3 also, at that time the doctor I was seing said I had no issues. not sure what my pain was from, kind of pushed me aside. I requested to see another spine doc through referral of my ortho. I am taking old MRI with me so we can compare both MRI. I wish I knew how to read an MRI. It appears I have no disc between C4/C5 if I look at all disc as should be the same in color and somewhat same in size. On previous visit in 2011 the spine doc said it appears 4/5 are almost naturally fused. The 2 previous MRI 2011 and 2013 were done on older equipment as the dr. uses whatever lab he chooses. The new doctor wanted me to have MRI done at hosptal as magnets are stronger and equipment is newer. I hope that the use of old equipment didn't lead to a bad diagnosis previous. I will post update tonight.