Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DEXAMETHASONE - INJECTION for chronic back pain

AlinFloridaAAlinFlorida Posts: 5
edited 01/30/2014 - 12:18 AM in Pain Medications
I have Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, sciatic nerve pain down both legs, which is probably from a new disc herniation or rupture which shows up on an MRI from a year ago. I had a discectomy about 20 years ago, but it never really helped out, and then the DDD & stenosis settled in. I did it all, acupuncture, manipulation, meds, etc... I have been on buprenorphine sublingual for the past 10 years and it has helped tremendously. And this has been helping significantly with my pain management!!

Here is my situation, I am in Mexico doing some travelling and am waiting to get back in to the U.S. for my surgery/consultation. So, I have been getting my meds here in Mexico and basically self-treating until I get to see my U.S. doctors. Which has been a major task, due to insurance regs, getting referrals and not seeing my own pain management doctor in over a year.

! And as most of you know, we do whatever it takes to stop the pain.

I have had no serious side effects, no reactions, no drug interactions and my blood work is good. I have a had a little weight gain, but I also gained weight when the pain got worse and my activity level went down.

Please don't criticize me for doing the self medication and treatment, but for now, it is my only option. Waiting for a consult will and has been taking time, and I have done all other pain management options, so I know what they are. For now, the DEXAMETHASONE is working great.

Has anyone else had similar results??
Sorry, I have attempted to follow the protocol and have submitted edited versions and cannot seem to get this unlocked. This will be my last attempt.