Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frustrated!- CANT EVEN SWEEP!!!

It has been 8 weeks this week since my fusion. I tried to sweep the kitchen floor!! I could not even do that without pain. It is not like I tried to vacumn. I even had to wait for my husband to come home to pick up the dirt!! Ugh. Would like to know when others were able to do this? thanks Judy

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    edited 01/24/2014 - 7:40 AM
    and you seem so very frustrated about not being able to do some of the things you want to or at least think you should be able to do by now.

Please remember you are still pretty fresh out of surgery. Any spinal surgery is a major undertaking and it takes the proper time for everything to heal. You can not rush what should never be rushed.

I can speak from experience. After some of my surgeries, I started to feel good and wanted to do some of the things I did before. I pushed myself too hard, dealt with the pain and wound up creating more problems down the line.

If there is something that you want to do, but you find that it is too painful or just causing too much discomfort, contact your doctor and discuss this with them.

Its so very important to adhere to all the limitations and restrictions that your doctor gave you after surgery. Failure to do so, could easily cause more severe problems, or at the best some very uncomfortable flare ups.

I know that everything seem so rushed right now and you want it to be over with and move in. In due time you will, trust me you will.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Jilro14534JJilro14534 Posts: 69
    edited 01/24/2014 - 1:58 PM
    Yes you are right and after reading one of your suggested sites, I realized that I do have a way to go.I am thankful I am not in the chronic pain that some others are on this site. I do go back to the surgeon on Feb 7th, so I am going to relax and wait before doing things like sweeping, vacumning ( all the domestic duties).I am able to go back to work parttime. 4 hours a day is what I am doing and when I get home, I am really tired, so time to chill.Thanks again..