Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning Nerves procedure

MSGMSG Posts: 296
edited 01/24/2014 - 8:51 PM in Spinal Injections
Hi, I'm new to this forum & happy to have found you. I haven't listed all my issues, because there is something wrong with every disc in my lower back, & I need to go through all my MIT & X-Ray & write down the specifics of each disc. They include bulging, herniated, spurrs, scoliosis, & bad bursitis in my left hip. I've done the cortisone shots, did nothing. Two steroid epidurals, which helped a lot, but not for very long. Lucky me, I have an extremely high tolerance to drugs, & it takes a lot to give me any kind of relief. So Wednesday I had the procedure where they burn the nerves (they did 6). Sorry I can't remember the actual name of it. Waaay more painful than the other epidurals. Within less than 2 hours I had 250 mg of demoral & some versed & finally calmed down enough to go home. I am still really sore, & my question is how long does that last? I heard somewhere that the more painful the procedure is, the more likely they hit the right spot. Is that true? Appreciate all thoughts & opinions
We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
advertisement

Comments

• It's called rhizotomy, I think. My previous PM doc wanted to do one on me after three sets of facet injections were helpful. I got scared off once I heard what he was going to do, so I can't give you any experience. Just giving you the name so you can search on the excellent Spine Health resources for more info. I know it takes time for the nerves to calm down after being aggravated like that, but the good news is, rhizotomies can last for up to one year before you have to undergo the procedure again. Hope you get some relief soon, and that it lasts for you.

I *heart* my TENS unit.