Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nucynta ER

Has anyone taken Nucynta ER? Did it help? Any side effects? My doctor mentioned putting me on it.

• is a relatively newer medication similiar in action to tramadol/Ultram. It is a medication used to treat moderate to severe pain, and it is taken in 2 doses , 12 hours apart. It does have an effect on mood as well, so do be careful with other medications you might be taking and make sure to read the pharmacy information for drug interactions and precautions.
    It works well for some people.
  • works great for me,so far.
  • I was taking For about the past 6 months along with 10 mg oxycodone 2-3 for breakthrough. I ran out around Jan. 15 and went to fill and after insurance paid and the card my doctor gave for savings it was still going to be 360.00 a month until we meet our 5000 deductible. I am having an ulnar nerve relocation and a cyst removed from my cyst that is causing me to lose the use of hand. I have gone up to 4 Oxycodones a day and still having pain and worsening lower back spasms so back on 3 Baclofens a day. I did have some withdrawal symptoms even with Oxy. I am going to try Oxycontin after my surgery so that I don't have problems with pain after my surgery like I did with total knee replacement in Aug of last yr. Even though I was totally out of it a barely remember my stay my family said I cried out in pain day and night and they were giving me what I was taking at home plus an extra xanax which kept me so drowsy. First week at home was horrible and just now feel in more like myself and now surgery #4 in 2yrs :(

As for your question...It was a very good medication for me and I didn't have side effects like nausea and vomiting or itching as with other ER meds . GOod luck with it.