Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

We are Humans

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
edited 03/07/2014 - 2:38 AM in Depression and Coping

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
Its true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Words written by Michael Jackson so many years ago. But those words and his song still are so true.

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall well well well well
Let us realize that a change can only come
When we stand together as one

We may all be facing painful situation in our daily lives. No question that chronic pain can take its toll. Many times I think that the emotional toll is much stronger and harder to resolve than our physical pain. They can give us a pain pill to make the aches go away. But what can they give us for our hearts? So many are sadden by the situation they are in.

I have been dealing with this since I was 15, now I am 63, so, I think I can speak from experience and I only hope that our younger members believe me.

Our lives are consumed by our pain. It basically guides us every day in how we plan the day, stay in, go out, lie in bed, cry all day, etc..

When you are down, its so very easy to allow those feelings to slip further down. Life and Pain can be like an elevator..
We can go up and reach the level we what and be proud of it. We accomplished something, we moved ahead and we did not allow pain to consume our lives.

Or, we could take the elevator down.. Down deep into pain and misery. Because thats how you feel, that is what you will become and will be. Not a pretty picture for anyone.

If we all had a decision to make, I would think that 100% of the members here would be looking to take the elevator up.
Its not hard, but yes harder than taking it down. Taking it down means we have just given up, no hope and this is what I will be till the day I die.

But forward and upwards. Will I still be in pain? Probably, but I will find ways to make each day better than the day before.
Its not rocket science , it just takes us believing in ourselves. Our minds are the most powerful weapon we have. Lets put it to good use and make sure we are doing everything we can to improve our physical situation.

We all just want to make that happen
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you don't mind me sharing a few quotes here. I like collecting quotes. I've always loved words & sometimes just reading others can lift us a little.

For all of the "beautiful people" I'm connecting with here on Spine-Health...

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” 
    ― Kahlil Gibran

To diminish the suffering of pain, we need to make a crucial distinction between the pain of pain, and the pain we create by our thoughts about the pain. Fear, anger, guilt, loneliness and helplessness are all mental and emotional responses that can intensify pain. – Howard Cutler

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”  
    C.S. Lewis

“Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape.” 
    ― Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than those who are most content. –Bob Dylan

Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    Please if/when you find more things that are a passage into our hearts, please post them right hear and bold!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SpinellieSSpinellie Posts: 19
    edited 04/01/2014 - 11:53 AM
    What a great song. I often have to remember that we are all humans and that everyone makes mistakes and we all have our own trials and tribulations.