Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe neck/back pain for months, MRI normal?

I was in a car accident 6 months ago, had PT but pain in my neck has never completely gone.

Suddenly about 3 months ago my neck flared up so badly I couldn't stand it, it hurts in every part of my neck, the flare ups last for about 6 days then settles a little for a day or two then flares up again. then I started getting awful pain in my back when I was walking, then sitting, standing...pain in back started in the middle and has now gone in to the lower part/top of hips so it is all just getting worse.

My Dr reluctantly sent me for an MRI but just of the neck, I was hoping for the whole spine...MRI came back normal and my Dr says take OTC pain pills and Vicodin, I "just" have whiplash and it will clear up.....if this is "just" whiplash God only knows what other people are going through, when the pain is so bad all day all I can think of please take this pain away.

Does this sound like the whiplash is not clearing up?

I have never in my life felt this much pain in my neck and back, it's beyond terrible at times.

Has anyone else had this and it just clears up??

Any help/advice..thank you very much for listening, this is awful....

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    You should start by reading Welcome to Spine-Heath - How to get started

Its hard to give any sound advice without more details. , but I will try to comments based on what you documented.

• - MRis are done by Spinal sections (Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar) they ont do a total spine MRI
      - Normal whiplash would be treated as you documented.
      - What was the final discharge and recommendation done your Physical Therapist?
    Whiplash situations can go on for months , especially when not treated. But here is part of the information we need, what was the discharge paper from you therapist? They would have indicated if additional treatment, would be required, They would have also indicated what the follow-on-plans should be.

So before we an comment, we do need that additional information.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com