Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Horrific pain at night

Hi;
I am a new member. Have disk problems in the L4, L5, and S1. Been told I have Osteoarthritis and degenerative arthritis but for the past 6 months I think I have a sciatic nerve problem, possibly pinched because my lower back at the tailbone is horrid as well as the burning pain in both buttocks and down both legs. I solved the day pain by stretching twice daily and 40 to 60 minute walk daily and also purchasing a TENS unit. This unit has dropped my pain to zero during the day but I wear it for at least 10 hours. My problem is at night when I sleep. I wake up an hour after falling asleep with my back severely tightened up and severe burning pain across the tailbone, both buttocks and down both legs. I cannot sleep at night because of this, cannot get comfortable. Have tried everything, firm mattress, sleep on side with pillow between knees, nothing helps, the tightness and severe pain starts in while sleeping and continues the entire night. I only get about 4 to 5 hours of very interrupted sleep. I've been going to a chiropractor since 1999 but he said I either have a muscle problem or nerve problem. Treatments were not helping so stopped going as it was costing too much money for no help. Does anyone else have this same problem or can anyone offer advice?
Toni Camp
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,056
    Welcome to Spine-Health - How to get started

After you read some of the threads that I've pointed out, you should post here with more details. Its impossible to provide any sound advice when we dont have anything to go on except a few words about a condition.
      - How long has this been going on for/- What diagnostic tests where done to identify the problems you stated- What treatments have you been approved by your doctor- What medications are you taking and the amounts- Have you had surgery before?You mention you have L4/L5 problem and sciatica.. It almost sounded as if it was self-diagnosed. I apology in advice if it wasnt, but we dont have any details to go on.Help us in providing details and we can all try to help you
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com