Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help Scared

had 4 cervical discs replaced in 2088- c4 c5 c6 and c7 with pro disc c's. Like to tell you a fairy tail but truth is pain sucks. my right hand had been so numb today I can make it bleed sticking staples in it and my wife has been constantly mean to me because I have to take medication - even threatens divorce often - so much so I just might do it because I want to be loved. I didn't ask for my neck to fall apart it just did and I am miserable - suicide seems like a good idea sometimes because I have no one to talk to about the pain and people just make fun of me because sometimes the medication makes me sweat or a little medicated - but i have no control.

People have no idea what we go through and can be so cruel, I never though I would say that about my sife but I am so tired of being treated so meanly, SHe doesn't work and I have my own business o even with my pain I have to sup[por ther and my 11 yr old and do it all in excruciating pain sometimes and usually 60 hrs a week.

THanks for listening

• I'm sorry that you are having difficulties right now, and you are right, pain is all consuming, or can be. And sometimes, as much as we would like our loved ones to understand, they can't.........they don't feel the pain that we must learn to live with on a daily basis. We couldn't imagine it ourselves until we had to live with it, so it is reasonable to expect that others don't know and can't imagine what we live with each day.....not fair, but it is a reasonable response to not understand. And to be honest, we really wouldn't want them to have to know what it's like because we love them.
    Are you seeing a pain management doctor who is doing different treatment options , along with using medications to help manage the pain? If not, it might be worth considering, because each new tool that we can use to lessen the pain, even a little bit, makes for better overall pain control. Meds are part of it, but only one small aspect of a comprehensive pain management program, which uses all different things to help lessen the pain.
    Hang in there, my new friend, I know that rough days can make for misery, for our families and for us , but we do get through them, one second at a time.