Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Virtual Caring

I just finished a private message with one of my moderators and afterwards it struck me about how very important we are to each other.

We all suffer from some spinal problem, some more severe than others, but none the less it is a cause for discomfort and interruptions in our day to day living.

I know when I go see some of my doctors, in addition to the physical impacts our problems have, they discuss the emotional impacts. My physiatrist is the best at this. She always understands my physical problems, the pain, the need for medications, what else can be done, etc.... but she also always wants to know how it impacts me as a person!

The same applies here. We all can talk about our physical problems. The pain, the discomfort, the lack of sleep, feeling inadequate in terms of family support, the list can go on and on.

Stop and think a bit. We are wide open here, talk about just everything and anything. Can or Do we do the same at home?
I think not. Many of us have sort of built a wall around us as a means of protection. Its not that we dont want to discuss things, but we know there are some feelings we just keep to ourselves.

I dont see that happening here. Over the years, I have developed sound relations with many members here. I can carry on outside emails with many of them, so its not all about Spine-Health and our problems. What I have found to be so very special is that I can say anything I want here, I dont have to censor my feelings. I am not talking about language or harsh things, but instead, the inner things.

I know if I wanted to cry and unload here, there are a number of members I know would be completely receptive to that.
The fact that we are virtual and may never see one another face to face I think plays an important role in this. There are members on this site that know more about me and I know more about them than others, including family. And that is not wrong. In fact, I think its important that we can do this and share our feelings.

I love our environment, we get to know one another and based on how that is done, we care for on another. I know that there are members here that I can completely unload on and they will understand. Its not about hugs and kisses that we see from time to time, but true feelings.

My time on Spine-Health has been so very rewarding. I have had the opportunity to learn so much and then to try to help others. I've cried with other members, as well as laughed with others. But there is one extra special thing that has come out of Spine-Health, and that is the true love and caring about one another. That is so very unique and a wonderful thing.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• so many times I wanted to give up, then I read about others and I make it another day. I hate life, pain, anger, filling useless. but somehow reading your stories, both ones that are good or bad helps. like knowing there are others worse then me and holding up better shows me it can be done. we can help and care and get out of my self. anyway thanks guys. Bless ya!!