Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help 2 years post ACDF and vertebrea is destoyed. Record breach and flags hiding mistake

I am in serious trouble. An ACDF exactly two years ago has amounted to serious damage to my vertebrea. I had an accident following my surgery. There was a records breach that included some crazy lady's lawsuit, and the neurosurgeon is blocking access to medication and blacklisting me with flags of some variety to prevent anyone from looking at my CT scan. My profile picture is the damage. I feel as if I have a CSF leak. I am near Philadelphia, Pa. I can be emailed at frogweiler@yahoo.com with any suggestion for surgeons in Philadelphia for revision surgery.


  • Hi I am in Australia so you might have to wait for someone in the US to wake up as I don't understand your medical system. I use the MD rating site to find good surgeons.

    In Australia your medical records belong to you and you can get them at any time. You need to see the neurosurgeon or wrtie and tell him he has his/her wires crossed and someone has made an error inputting your file - human error.

    You should have copies of all your results anyway. You could ask your GP to talk or write to your neurosurgeon and see if the mistake can be rectified. It still amazes me that people cannot accept human error on a computer. I had a 70 year old man on mine once, and before that I had a woman who had serious psych problems and my GP was looking at them and god knows why, he thought they were mine. He was a close family friend, had been to dinner the week before, and had known me for years. Think he was having a bad day - he died the next week, but it seems quite common to have human error on medical files.

    Some people just believe whatever a computer say must be correct. They do not realise that it is people who input the files. I also had on my passport once in PNG, I didn't notice it at the time but they had put M for man insead of F for female. I was inSydney trying to renew my passport and the stupid woman said it wasn't my passport 'cause I wasn't a man. For heaven's sake if you were forging a passport you would get that right. i finally saw the manager and he fixed it. obviously none of these people had lived in PNG where they sold 20 year old bottles of great wine for one kina because the wine was old. Everyone had some superb aged wine for a long time
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849
    medical records. You may need to sign a release for some and pay for the number of pages.

    Please: Read the Forum Rules, Duplicate posting is not permitted. Your other threads have been deleted. Stay with this one
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • frogweilerffrogweiler Posts: 3
    edited 02/18/2014 - 7:28 PM
    I got the recprds. They refuse me tbd incorrect ones. Thd damage has been done. Now the mistake is bei g hidden. Lies lime ct staing non union butultiple surgeons statong union whe. A black line and screw luvency is show. Throughout level. No pcp/gp will see me. I have the breached records. Not the. Ause or solutio and just lies.
  • frogweilerffrogweiler Posts: 3
    edited 02/18/2014 - 7:30 PM
    I get what yoh are sagi g but wine is not denial of care
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 02/19/2014 - 12:08 AM
    Sorry - just having a joke but that did happen. I have no idea how your system works - it is very different here. We pay the GP and specialist so the actual records, we have paid for so they belong to us. Your system is so different to ours. Not many people sue the medical profession as it's mainly not worth it. Most Drs here will not diss another Dr unless the Dr has caused some really bad damage. We just had a famous case here, can't mention the Dr's name because of SH rules -that was a nurse who dobbed him in.

    She really had a lot of guts to do that but that Dr is no longer practicing and has a long jail sentence. I don't know if his patients got compensation as that would be paid out by his medical insurance and they are not good at paying up for people.

    Is there anyway you can go to the Medical Board which controls Drs, or a person who will advocate for you medically for free and ask them if they can fix it up. Just a thought.

    I can't give you any advice as I just do not understand how your medical system works. Sorry. Over here there is a medical board and I'm fairly sure they would look into any complaints. Any Aussies know how our system works if you complain about a Dr?

Sign In or Register to comment.