Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dural ectasia without Marfan syndrome

Hi. I noticed that someone mentioned they had dural ectasia and not Marfan syndrome and I am really interested in contacting them. I too, have DS with Tarlov cysts and sacral erosion and have had great difficulty in finding information not linked with the syndrome. I think they posted sometime in the autumn of last year. If anyone is out there with the same difficulty I would like to hear from them. We may be able to exchange information and ideas. Thanks. Jill

• Jill, I am the same as you . I have DS and Tarlov cysts but can get no answers from anyone. Not sure where you are but I am in Australia and there just isn't any help here what so ever. All they want to do is give you drugs for the pain.
    Have you had any luck?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• cchelmsccchelms Raleigh, NCPosts: 2
    Hi, Jill and kings27. I, too, have dural ectasia and spinal erosion (lumbar and sacral) from the elevated CSF pressure. I do not have Marfan Syndrome, but do have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Hypermobile Type (EDS-HM). EDS-HM is the most common and under-diagnosed, type of EDS. Anyone experiencing dural ectasia likely has some form of connective tissue disorder, which is why the dura stretches in the first place. Please be sure your care team looks for the underlying cause of the dural ectasia and do not be satisfied with pain medication. It is a very serious condition for those of us whose tissues keep stretching and stretching!