Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

workout routine

I just want to ask a question from all of you how much time do you spend while exercising and working out..??
i spend almost 40 to 45 min.. what about you.??
always be loyal

• I spend an hour a day six days a week.

Currently that generally consists of 4-5 days of stationary biking and 1-2 days of elliptical. I have not been cleared for anything else yet.

My old routine that I am trying to get back to was:
    Mon: 10k run - medium pace
    Tue: Strength train - chest/back
    Wed: 5k run - fast pace
    Thu: Strength train - biceps/triceps
    Fri: 15k run - slow pace
    Sat: Swim 2,000 m or road biking 20 mi (or both)
    Sun: rest

The current recumbent bike does not nearly give me as good of a workout as the previous. I will likely add a core routine into the mix as I get cleared. I was a big fan of the P90x and did that for a couple years but had started to get into mud/obstacle races and sprint triathlons. Looking forward to getting back there! (maybe not the mud races....)
    C7-T1 ACDF 12Dec2013
  • I exercise 4 times a week if possible. Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday early.

20-25 minutes on the treadmill and I do 4-5 exercises on machines, no free weights. I rotate the exercises so I get a full body in by 3 days. I'm in and out of the gym in an hour flat.

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    from none to unlimited.

It all depends on at what stage a person is in spinal surgery recovery , and what kind of surgery they had.

The only valid answer to that question comes from the doctor who approves what a patient can do.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I spend probably 30 minutes, 3 x a day doing PT exercises at home. Every second day I do aqua therapy and that lasts about 20 min and I swim after that for about 10 min.
This discussion has been closed.