Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Strain Caused by Same Movement

25M. Active - Desk Job 8hrs/day. Lift 3x week with 10min stretching 4-5x week.

I have had 3 separate lower back injuries that have ended up going to random urgent care facilities where a doctor hands me nothing but a sheet of stretches and a prescription for muscles relaxer and vicodin. The pain usually lasts several days with the painkillers.

The movement I am referring to that have caused these incidents is when I lean forward. Let me explain:

1. Sitting Indian-style after lifting playing video games. I was probably leaning forward the whole time probably cause of poor posture and felt a pop.
2. Doing concentration curls (biceps) with a weight that was heavier than I could handle.
3. Sitting in a office chair and leaning forward to see the screen better (this one was really mild).

I am so nervous that this might be a recurring strain because of something I am overlooking. My best guess is tightness in my thighs/hips but wanted to know if anyone had similar issues. I do seem to have anterior pelvic tilt and my core is less than stellar as I can barely sit upright for more than 5 minutes in my office chair without using the backrest

I feel like the doctors I have visited could care less and are going off a std script. I have been to a ortho and took an x-ray that caused the doc to stare at it for 10 secs before asking me to leave, lol.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    when the results of a diagnostic test comes back negative and the patient believes that the doctor isnt paying attention.
    In addition to the review of diagnostic tests, doctors perform clinical examinations that help to confirm the results of the diagnostic test.

Depending on the problem the patient came to the doctor for, the different clinical reviews we be performed.

ThermaCareLover,
    Based soley on what you wrote, 2 doctors are not seeing the same thing you are describing. However, the fact they the provided you with some stretching exercise and pain medication, indicate that they saw something, but that it would work itself out.

In most minimal cases, the doctors would at least prescribe physical therapy. In fact many doctors would write a script for PT before they write a script for a narcotic.

I would continue with the stretches, use heat/ice and see where you are in a week. I would also not do the physical activities that you state cause some of the strain. This is what you are hoping for, a little rest and the problem goes away,.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com