Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Essential Oils

I have been dealing with Chronic Pain for over 7 years after 12 surgeries. Recently a friend sent me some essential oils to use.to relieve some of my pain. Has anyone used them & if so how well did they work?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    I use tea tree oil as an anti inflammatory and find it works for me, my friend uses Lavender as well as tea tree, they are the only ones I have experience of.
    I also use spices in cooking such as Ginger turmeric and cinnamon

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    My physiatrist was very open to Eastern medicine techniques. She believe a combination of our traditional Western medicine combined with Eastern medicines can produce great results.

My Thai expert introduced me to both aroma and music therapy. I have a number of Thai relaxation music that really works for me. He listed the different essential oils that I should purchase and what kind of diffuser to use.
    I picked up aromas for:

• - Relaxation
      - Reducing stress
      - Aid in sleeping
      - Overall Bliss
      - Energy
      - etc
    I started with a candle diffuser but slowly moved on to electric ones. I also picked up Essential Oil books, so that I better understood each oil, what they can do and how to use them.

That along with the music therapy provide me with many hours of pain relief during and after sessions.

Give it a try! Its an inexpensive way using conservative treatment.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have a diffuser now & have been using it at night. Learning how to relax has always been tough for me. So my goal for this next month is to make sure I use my new oils at least twice a day. I'm desperate for some type of relief. Even if it's in small amounts. Thank you for your responses!
  • I was searching on this forum for anyone that had had positive results from essential oils for nerve pain. My pain is horrible in my foot!! I'm willing to try almost anything!!! I was thinking about accupuncture as well. I ordered an essential oil kit...and an electric diffuser. I can't sleep at all due to pain and different meds. I'm hopeful the oils might help! I've heard of rubbing the oils on bottom of your feet...I also bought a book that may help me figure out which ones to use.
    Jen
advertisement