Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to all,

First of all, I would like to apologize in advance for the novel below, but felt the information was important so I could get sound advise from all that reads this knowing all the facts.

I am in desperate need of advise on what to do please. I have been going to my current pain Management doctor for two years. Never had a problem until recently, received a discharge letter 4 days ago. I apparently after my appointment I did not drop off my urine. This is done on the way out, after the appointment. I got to talking as I saw another provider I had not seen in the past. I put the urine in my bag as I need a walker and totally just spaced it. The office wrote it as a refusal which of course does not look good.

There was also another incident, back in December of 2012 that I had forgotten about, until I got the discharge letter. I had asked my primary doctor for 5mg oxycodone 30 count. This is the highest he will write for. This doctor was actually the one that referred me to the pain doctor. He was extremely concerned of why I would need these. I explained that the pain management office for some reason makes follow-up appointments between 30 and 33 days, after 30 days you would of course run out of meds they could not grasp this simple concept. Anytime you tried for a earlier date they would be all booked up. They could always have an appointment for a later date if you were unhappy with what you have now.

My primary doctor pulled my prescription history and saw for himself what was going on, he wrote the script.
This is something I did not want to do,I called the pain doctors office to let them know what I had to do. The gal told me you have to do what is best for you. I do not understand why a doctor that took a oath to help people and have staff members do this to patients is barbaric. This girl has since been fired.

Unfortunately, I have on my record a refusal and getting scripts filled elsewhere. Nothing as transpired for 15 months except now that it was found and no notes from anyone except that I filled elsewhere.

Does anyone know since I have been getting scripts from this doctor for the last 15 months can they just discharge for that? I did a urine sample. Have to each month. I know I forgot it but that is not a refusal. Does the doctor have to treat until you find a new provider as it will take time with the unfavorable wording in my records. Is there a law stating the reasons a doctor can terminate your care?

Any suggestions, comments, ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

• If you still have your contract with your PM I would look at that. I went to a PM for like 3 days until I realized he was a dirty doctor and left, but my contract stated something like if you break any rules than they will immediately start a taper on you. I don't think most doctors would just stop your medication, but I could be very wrong. I know there are alot of people on here that go to see a PM doctor and I'm sure they will be much more aid to you. Could you clarify why you are seeing a PM doctor? I think knowing what is going on with your conditions help people better understand you and better understand the situation.
    28 F. Chicago. Fusion from t-12 l-4 from scoli in June 2013. Torn bilateral hip labrums. Arthroscopy to fix labrums January 2013 and march 2013. SI pain from hip surgery Lupus, RA, antiphosphidlipid antibody- hypermobility syndrome ( Marfan syndrome)
  • you for 30 days or anything like that. Unfortunately, you have two strikes already, and since you failed to leave the urine test, knowing that it is required, they have every right to dismiss you.
    It is usually spelled out very clearly in the contracts what the ramifications are for not holding up your end of the contract, and that is dismissal.
    Your best option is to start calling around and make an appointment with a new doctor but you will need to explain why you were dismissed and that may in fact, cause problems getting into see another doctor.