Im new here but have researched many of the post. I did not see a general discussion area so forgive me if this is not the proper place to talk a bit. I had a cervical injury with my daughters sledding (Thank God they were not on my back) and when I woke up could move nothing from the neck down for several hours. I have regained everything except for burning and numbness in left arm with alot of weakness in my arm with constant muscle spasms daily around my left ear,upper teeth and left side of my neck. . I am very fortunate from what my neuro says. The main situation I am having now is trying to figure out if the pains coming over the last 2 years in my fingers, shoulder (trap) and elbow is from the disc protusion in c3,c4 area (same area as the cord contusion in March 08) or just plain nerve damage progressing as its done each year. My neuro is great and rated top 5% in the nation. He told me that its a 50/50 shot to correct any of the problems of nerve pain around ear, upper left teeth and temporal area because this is nerve damage from the cord contussion possibly. Basically I have the c3 and c4 area having both the contusion and disc protusion which minimally hits the cord. I am scheduled for fusion in this area upon my decision. Neuro and my neurologist both say they think it will remedy some of the arm and shoulder pains. As many in these forums I am faced with a decision. I am having a hard time saying yes unless I know for sure. All that ventured into surgery I give you a big handshake because its a huge decision in life.