Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Consider the audience

When you first become a member on Spine-Health, one of the first things you want to do is express the pain and discomfort you have with your spinal condition. We all understand that, we have all been there.

But we have thousands of members who have had situations better or worse than yours. So when creating your first thread, I would advice you not to use words such as

• - This is the end
    - I have pain levels of 1000
    - No one else has had my pain
    - My life is over
    - No one listens
    - etc
Instead introduce yourself as we layout in our FAQ

• - Your name
    - Your condition and how long have you had it
    - How did this happen? Accident, Trauma, unknown?
    - What doctors have you seen?
    - What diagnostic tests have you had and what are their results
    - What treatments have you had so far
    - What medications are you currently on, what have you used in the past
    - What makes your pain more intense, and on the flip side, what can help with your pain
    - etc
Giving us that type of information is so useful when other members try to respond to answer your questions or provide help

This site is composed of many different types of members, I like to classify them as

• - New members, first time on this site, looking for information
    - Been here a while, have had problems and have not been all that happy with their treatment
    - Those that have been here a while, and have many good success stories to talk about
    - Those that are just unhappy. There are hurting in pain and nothing is being done for them from their eyes
    - Those that have gotten past all the problems and are learning how to live day by day
    - Those that have been here, had everything done, understand what it takes to survive
    - Those like myself and my moderator team, who have been there, still hurting, but are trying to help others
We tend to have many that will give you the soft easy type of love when it comes to your problems, then we will also have those that will offer tough love.

One thing to always remember, once you register here and start creating threads, you have become a Spiney
I will leave the definition of that out for now, you will soon come to realize what it means.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I just wanted to let you know that it was this post that made me sign up as a new member. There are a lot of voices out there who are all looking for different things and finding a place where truth is spoken (tough love) and advice is passed from survivor to newbie is a real find in this day and age. So...thank you :) Glad I found my way here.
  • ABurningPainAABurningPain Posts: 15
    edited 02/21/2014 - 3:58 PM
    I think I'm in the "- Those that are just unhappy. There are hurting in pain and nothing is being done for them from their eyes" category.. and am trying to get past that to the one of at least dealing one day at a time. There is hope..
    ACD&F c5/6; Lumbar DDD and bilat neuropathy..