Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Isolated 27 Year Old, Suffering since 2007

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jenn and I have quite the story to tell, as I am sure we all do. To keep it brief, I will summarize my present struggles as such:

I am tired.

Tired of explaining the chronic nature of my condition. Tired of hiding- just to avoid side glances from people that believe their inward drawing at the sight of a young woman walking with a cane and wobble, is empathy. Healthy people don't know how to face their own fragility, and seeing someone so outwardly able-bodied inching through the grocery story at an almost torturous pace, makes them feel it, and they don't know where to put this emotion. They may feel that what is stirring in their gut is sympathy, when it is not. This reaction is all their own. And it's scary. Yet, they re-curl and fail to reflect. Head in the sand, while the monster that will eventually get us all, lingers in the aisle. In the form of myself.

I hide because it is impossible to articulate that all that I hope to provide with my presence in the world, is perspective.

This is not where I hope to reside, but sometimes, it is just easier not to try. I pride myself on functioning, despite my constant pain. I feel that my resistance to stagnation is the only thing that circumstance has not stolen from me. But lately, things need to be reevaluated and the white flag needs to fly.
If only just as a reprieve.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
~Jenn
27 Year Old, suffering with several spinal conditions since 2007...

Spondylolisthesis grade 4, PLIF 2007 corrected to grade 2,
Nerve Damage and all of the fun that comes along with it.
advertisement